Plant Materials Specialist:
Ecotone Inc. is looking for a positive self-starting plant materials specialist to join our growing team. Ecotone’s native plant nursery specializes in contract growing plant material for our wetland and stream restoration projects, as well as our forest banks and reforestation projects.
Summary: The position requires the management of the following:
· native plant nursery
· reforestation sites
· planting projects
· invasive plant species management
The successful candidate will handle all aspects of Ecotone’s reforestation and nursery operations. The job requires coordination with Ecotone construction foremen, government inspectors, engineers, and subcontractors.
· Manage Forest Hill based nursery including watering program and pest management.
· Implement and maintain multiple reforestation sites in Central Maryland through installation oversight, invasive species management, mowing, etc.
· Monitor survivability of trees planted on reforestation sites through plot sampling etc.
· Prepare reports pertaining to reforestation success, survivability, and maintenance needs.
· Oversee plant installation of environmental restoration projects, manage planting crews, and provide quality control for plant materials to be installed.
· Positive attitude and ability to work independently.
· Efficiently manage seasonal planting crews.
· Experience in landscaping/nursery trade or reforestation fields.
· Excellent plant species identification skills.
· Clean driver's license and experience driving a truck and trailer.
· Drug and background check required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Ecotone is an equal opportunity employer and offers a substantial benefits package.
Forward resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org