Heavy Equipment Operator
Heavy Equipment Operator: Jobs located in Howard County, Maryland
Ecotone Inc. is looking for a positive and talented heavy equipment operator to join our growing team. Ecotone Inc. specializes in stream restoration, storm water pond retrofit, and wetland construction, as well as providing design, environmental consulting, and mitigation services.
Summary: The heavy equipment operator must demonstrate experience operating equipment such as, but not limited to, excavators, dozers, loaders, and dump trucks. The majority of our work takes place in tight quarters, slippery conditions, and a multitude of environmental barriers. It is integral that any potential operator would be extremely confident in their operating skills, remain positive in frustrating situations, and continually be able to perform quality work.
- Operate heavy equipment safely and efficiently
- Assist in job layout, checking grade, scheduling and ordering of materials
- Manage ingress and egress of materials on site
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on equipment and on site
- General equipment routine maintenance, minor welding, oil changes, etc.
- 4+ years’ experience operating heavy equipment
- Experience grading with laser level is preferred
- Able to read and follow design plans and specifications
- Must be positive, flexible, and customer-service oriented
- Stream restoration, storm water experience strongly preferred
- Dozer fine grading and experience placing stone with an excavator is a plus
- Clean driver's license
- Reliable source of transportation to various job sites
- Drug test required
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.